- In this Workday Payroll online course, you explore and configure the core elements of Workday Payroll. Workday payroll training provides enterprise cloud applications for human capital management (HCM), financial management, student systems, payroll, and analytics.
- This online training program is comprehensive with real-world scenarios delivering practical value to aspirant workday professionals. Our intensive training will build confidence to hit the job markets and easily clear interviews. This comprehensive in depth training consists of lectures, demonstrations, and individual/group activities covering the configuration, functionality, and features of Workday Payroll.
GOAL AND OBJECTIVES OF THIS TRAINING:
– Explain the payroll process.
– Set up Workday Payroll and the payroll processing framework
– List steps to set up taxes.
– Define earnings, deductions, and other pay components.
– Set up withholding orders.
– Set up payroll accounting, banking and settlement.
– Configure payroll business processes and payroll security.
– Use Workday Payroll to perform payroll processing tasks and delivered payroll reports.
– Create custom payroll reports.
We review navigation features and point out payroll-specific dashboards. The payroll setup is reviewed, followed by a review of the payroll process flow, and sources of payroll data.
– Access payroll applications and dashboards.
– Navigate the payroll categories of the sitemap.
– Locate payroll information in a worker’s profile.
– Describe payroll setup.
– Identify the steps in the payroll process.
– Identify sources of payroll data.
PAYROLL PROCESSING FRAMEWORK:
The payroll processing framework consists of elements that must be planned and configured before running regular payroll. Here, you learn how to set up these elements according to company requirements.
– Enable a tenant for payroll.
– List the elements of the payroll processing framework.
– Create period schedules.
– Define gross and net pay accumulations.
– Define run categories.
– Define payment election rules.
– Create pay groups.
– Assign workers to pay groups.
TAX SETUP OVERVIEW:
We provides an overview of the tax setup and allows you to explore company tax setup, workday tax details, and the Payroll Compliance Updates dashboard. You will learn more about tax setup in the country-specific Lean Independent payroll courses.
– Identify tax setup tasks.
– Describe the Workday-delivered tax data
– Explore worker tax elections
– Use the Payroll Compliance Updates dashboard
THE CALCULATION ENGINE:
The Workday calculation engine provides the building blocks to define payroll calculations and the business logic and rules governing payroll calculations. t is used to build all payroll earnings and deductions.
– Identify the types of calculations
– Identify payroll-specific calculations
– Build simple calculations.
EARNINGS AND DEDUCTIONS:
You have learned that earning and deductions are payroll-specific calculations. Here, we look at these pay components in more detail.
– Recognize sources of payroll calculation values.
– Create and edit earnings and deductions
– View net pay validation.
– Maintain payroll audit configurations
– Specify limits for recouping arrears.
SET UP FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING:
Here, you will be introduced to a four-step process to set up federal, state, and local tax reporting for a company. You will also learn how to enter employee tax information and lock in federal tax elections.
– Explain reciprocity
– Complete prerequisites for tax reporting
– Set up Federal, State, and Local tax reporting for a company.
– Enter employee tax elections
SET UP WITHHOLDING ORDERS:
Workday provides rules and support for setting up and processing numerous types of involuntary withholding orders, including bankruptcy orders, support orders, and tax levies- just to name a few.
The system determines the amount to withhold from the employee’s disposable earnings, including any agency and employer fees, based on state and federal law. It applies withholding limits and sets garnishment priorities according to state and federal law. If an employee has multiple orders and the amount to withhold exceeds the limit, Workday follows statutory rules to determine what to withhold for each order
– Create a deduction recipient.
– Add earnings and non-statutory deductions to Workday delivered pay component groups
– used to calculate disposable income.
– Record withholding orders in the system
– Amend and terminate support orders
– Override the processing priority of a support order,
– View all withholding orders for a worker
SET UP PAYROLL ACCOUNTING:
Identify the elements impacting Payroll accounting design and accurately configure Payroll accounting. You will learn about the basics of setting up payroll accounting, how to pass payroll expenses to Workday Financial Accounting, and how to generate and review accounting results. You will also learn how to setup costing overrides and the order in which Workday payroll
applies to cost overrides to a worker’s earnings.
– Create ledger account types, master account set, account set.
– Create account posting rule (default), fiscal schedule and posting Intervals and initial fiscal year and next fiscal year
– Associate company accounting details.
– Create ledger types, assignment for each company, year and ledger periods
– Configuring Forward Accruals (in account posting rule set- Tentatively: Configure Forward
– Accrual in Account Posting Rule Set
– Journal Summarization Maintain Payroll Journal Options Summarize Payroll Journal
– Configure Payroll journal Summarization
SET UP BANKING AND SETTLEMENT:
– Prerequisites to Banking and Settlement Configuration
– Overview of Banking and Settlement Configuration
– Configure ACH Integration
– Payment Election Rules and Payroll Payslip Configurations
– Check Print Layout, Bank Accounts and Pre-note Runs
– Settlement Business Processes and Security Roles
SET UP ROLE AND SECURITY:
– Security Groups
– Pay Component-Based Security
DEFINE BUSINESS FRAMEWORK
– Business Process Framework
– Pay Cycle Event
PAYROLL INPUT AND PROCESSING
– Payroll Input
– Low Volume Input
– Input Steps
– Payroll Processing
– Create EIB
– Retroactive Processing
– Off Cycle Processing
– Manual Payments
– Reporting Need to Know
– Delivered Reports
– Creating Reports